749 Cragmont Avenue
Come and enjoy this Mediterranean-style home – striking as soon as you enter the spacious living room. From the open vaulted ceiling to the architectural fireplace, the space is inviting and dramatic. A picture window frames San Francisco Bay views at one end while double doors open to a lovely enclosed courtyard patio at the other.
Beyond, the garden offers multiple ways to enjoy the outdoors: a wide, open brick patio on the same level and a separate flagstone patio a few steps above, ready for dining. Mature plants frame open areas in this private, spacious garden.
Built in 1931, this has been home has been extensively updated – seismic, drainage, windows, roof, furnace, water heater and more. The classic charm and architectural details have been maintained while the kitchen, baths and lighting are newer. The lower level is a bonus with laundry space and interior garage access directly down from the kitchen. A separate entry opens to a bonus basement storage area.
- Dramatic living room – picture window, vaulted ceiling and fireplace
- San Francisco and Bay views with a peek at the Golden Gate
- Bright dining room with picture window framing the view
- Updated kitchen with tile detailing and a skylight
- 2 bedrooms and 2 baths; 1428 square feet
- Master bedroom suite with built-in closets & garden views
- Updated hall bathroom with skylight
- Hardwood floors throughout the living areas & bedrooms
- Bonus storage space on the lower level
- Attached garage with interior access
- Garden patios- courtyard, brick patio and upper flagstone area
- Mature garden with room to add your own choices
- Newer roof, water heater, furnace, some windows, pull-out screens
- Recent seismic upgrades include bolting, shear walls,
- Garage strengthened with new foundation wall, beam & steel post
- Drainage improvements include two French drains
- North Berkeley restaurants & shops – Shattuck & Solano
- Close to the Cragmont Elementary, Berkeley Rose Garden, Tilden Park
- Easy access to UC Berkeley, Downtown connections to San Francisco
Welcome to this North Berkeley delight close to shopping, restaurants and recreation.
UC Berkeley, San Francisco or points beyond – you can connect to them all.
Additional Showings by Appointment with the Listing Agent